Friday, November 19, 2010

Transitive Words

Courage: "mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty [1]"

  • Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. ~Joshua 1:9
  • Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. ~Psalm 27:14

Wait: "to stay in place in expectation of [2]"

  • In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. ~Psalm 5:3
  • I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in His word I put my hope. ~Psalm 130:5

Hope: "desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfillment [3]"

  • Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. ~Romans 12:12
  • But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are His house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast. ~Hebrews 3:6

No comments:

Post a Comment